This tutorial is about setting up the Roku device. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to set up a Roku device. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to set up Roku device
Roku media players are among the most popular streaming devices due to their simple user interface, easy remote control, and extensive library of streaming service apps. All devices in the Roku family work more or less the same. They’re all quick to install and set up, and only a few features set the entry-level Roku Express ($30) apart from the premium Roku Ultra ($100).
Setting up a Roku player is generally the same regardless of which model you have. Any difference is usually related to the type of connection (for example, some players connect to the TV via an HDMI cable, while Streaming Stick models connect directly to the TV’s HDMI port).
How to set up your Roku device
- Connect your Roku to your TV’s HDMI port. If you have a streaming box, you will need to use an HDMI cable.
- Then plug your Roku player into a power source. The player should have come with a power cord or micro USB cable and a wall charger.
- Next, turn on your TV and set it to Roku’s HDMI channel. This channel should match the number next to the HDMI port you connected your device to earlier. You can change the HDMI channel on your TV by pressing the Input, Video or Source button on your regular TV remote. You’ll know you’re on the right channel when you see the Roku setup screen.
- Then select your language on the Roku setup screen. You can scroll with the up and down buttons on your remote and select a language by pressing the OK button.
- Choose Wired or Wireless. If you choose Wired, you can skip the next step. You can only choose this option if your Roku player is connected to your router with an Ethernet cable.
- Then choose your WiFi network, enter the password and select Connect. If you don’t see your Wi-Fi network, scroll down and select Scan again to see all networks.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and select Connect. Use your remote to enter your WiFi password one letter or number at a time.
- Then select the auto-detect display type. Your Roku will then display information about your TV’s resolution and frame rate.
- Then select Yes, the screen looks good. If you select No, I’ll choose a different setting, or if you wait until the timer runs out, you can manually change your settings.
- Then select Enter your email address.
- Then use your remote to enter your email address and select Continue.
- Once you have entered your email address, a link will be sent to you. The link will expire in 15 minutes, so be sure to check your email soon.
- Next, go to your inbox and open the email from Roku. You can do this from a computer or a smartphone. If you don’t see the email, try checking your spam folder. Then click on the link in your email. The link will be below the text showing the Roku device activation link. This will open a new browser window.
- Then create a new Roku account and click Continue. If you already have a Roku account, you can skip this step. Otherwise, you will need to enter your first and last name, a password, your date of birth and your gender. You will also need to click on the box to accept the terms and conditions and click on the captcha box to prove that you are not a robot. Your password can contain letters, numbers and symbols, but must be between 8 and 16 characters.
- Next, give your device a name and select your location. You can name your device whatever you want. However, be sure to remember the name and location you set for your Roku device. You’ll need this information if you plan to control your Roku player with voice commands.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to complete setting up your Roku. Your Roku device will try to trick you into installing channels and signing up for free trials. You can skip each of these steps by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting Skip or Continue. You can add any of these channels or sign up for free trials after setting up your Roku device.
Final words: How to set up a Roku device
Hope you understand this article How to set up a Roku device, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.