This tutorial is about how to scan QR code on Android device. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to scan a QR code on an Android device. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to scan QR code on Android device
QR codes have been more popular over the past decade. They can be found in restaurant windows, in bus stations, on store shelves and even in books. They are a quick and easy way to send people to specific websites. More and more devices are being created to scan QR codes as they become more common. Smartphones are one of them.
Any Android device with a camera, whether it’s a smartphone or a tablet, can read QR codes. You can also freely open or share the URL (the website it leads to) once you scan the code.
How to check if your Android phone’s camera automatically scans QR codes
If your Android phone is not listed above, don’t worry. You can also try scanning QR codes without an app. To test if your camera is equipped for this, follow the steps below:
- Open the camera app and constantly point it for 2-3 seconds at the QR code you want to scan.
- As long as scanning is enabled, a notification will appear.
- If nothing happens, you may need to go to the Settings app and enable QR code scanning.
- If QR codes are not an option in your settings, unfortunately your device cannot scan QR codes natively. But don’t worry, that just means you’ll need to download a third-party QR code reader app.
“Now on Tap” with Android 6.0 now scans QR codes
If your Android phone is running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, there is a feature called “Now on Tap” which reads QR codes directly. You can follow these steps to use “Now on Tap” to read QR codes:
- Install the Google app and open it.
- Choose to activate now.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Screen search”.
- Turn on the top switch (“Ask Google to show you information about what’s on your home screen when you hold down the Home button or perform a voice search”).
- Press and hold the Home button on your Android smartphone to launch “Now on Tap” so you can QR scan with your camera.
If you’d rather not use “Now on Tap”, you can also install a third-party QR code scanner app.
To scan a QR code with Google Screen Search, you don’t need an app. You can use the following steps to scan a QR code:
- Point your camera at the QR code.
- Press and hold the “Home” button and swipe up to reveal options at the bottom.
- Select “What’s on my screen?”
- Then the short URL will appear connected to the QR code information.
Final words: How to scan a QR code on an Android device
Hope you understand this article How to scan a QR code on an Android device, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.