This tutorial is about how to install Kodi on any device. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Install Kodi on Any Device. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Install Kodi on Any Device
Since exploding in popularity a few years ago, Kodi has become one of the most infamous apps of all time. At the basic level, it’s a media streamer that lets you enjoy content from all kinds of devices through your home Wi-Fi network. Suppose you have a bunch of movies and TV shows stored on your computer hard drive. Kodi can play these video files on your TV or smartphone with just a few clicks. Of course, that’s not the reason why Kodi is notorious. By installing add-ons, Kodi can be used to access content from various online sources, some of which are not strictly legal. It is legal to use Kodi; However, you may encounter issues when using third-party plugins.
Indeed, these plugins sometimes provide links to pirated content, which violates copyright laws. This issue has given Kodi negative headlines as various governments and copyright authorities oppose copyright infringement. Most third-party plugins are blocked by ISPs, and for good reason. Additionally, the makers of various pre-installed Kodi boxes have also been sued. Additionally, several Kodi users have received DCMA warnings for illegally streaming copyrighted content through third-party addons.
How to Install Kodi on Any Device
Kodi is compatible with multiple home devices including your smartphone, Smart TV, Android TV, Firestick, PC, etc. Later, you can also install Kodi on various platforms such as Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, tvOS, Raspberry Pi, and Linux.
On Android devices:
Kodi offers an Android app available on the Google Play Store. Unlike other platforms, the installation procedure does not require sideloading but a simple search, click and download process. Here is how to install Kodi on your Android device:
- Open Play Store.
- In the search bar, type Kodi.
- Select the best Kodi result (Kodi base) and click install.
On Fire TV Stick and Fire TV:
Amazon’s Fire TV Stick is a popular Android device that connects to your TV via an HDMI port. Firestick is similar to Fire TV except for some physical features. Fortunately, these devices share the same installation procedure. Please note that the Amazon store does not have the official Kodi app yet. Therefore, you need to download the APK file and perform a manual installation. But first, you need to make sure that your Fire TV Stick/Fire TV device has the necessary permissions to install third-party apps. Here’s how (we used the Fire TV Stick 4K with the latest update):
- On the Firestick home screen, go to Settings and select My Fire TV.
- Go to Developer options.
- Enable ADB debugging and also “Allow apps from unknown sources”.
Since the Firestick runs on a fork of Android, we’ll be downloading a regular Kodi APK file. To download the file, you need a downloader application available in the Amazon store. If you don’t have it:
- Go back to the home screen, in Search, select Search and type “Downloader”.
- Click on the premium orange app called Downloader.
- Click “Get” to download and install Downloader on your Firestick.
Once the installation is complete, open the app and proceed to download and install the Kodi app. So, in the Downloader app:
- Navigate to the App URL field and enter this link: http://www.kodi.tv/download and click “Go”.
- You will see the official Kodi website on the screen. Scroll down and select the Android option.
- You will then see several download options. We recommend the “ARMV7A (32BIT)” option because it works better than the 64-bit version.
On Windows PCs:
Windows users have two options for installing Kodi. First, you can choose to download the Kodi app instantly from the Microsoft store. Alternatively, you can also opt for the offline app from the official Kodi website. This guide covers both download options. To download directly from the Microsoft Store:
- Download directly from the Microsoft Store.
- In the search bar, type Kodi.
- Select the best Kodi result and click “Get”.
- The app will download and install automatically.
- Once the installation procedure is complete, click “Start” to open the application.
Unfortunately, Kodi is not available on the iOS App Store. As such, you need a third-party app like TweakBox to install the streaming app. Thereafter, you cannot download TweakBox directly from the App Store.
- On your iPhone/iPad, visit https://www.tweakboxapp.com/
- Follow the on-screen wizard to download the app profile. You may need to grant specific permissions to download.
- Once the TweakBox profile is downloaded, visit your iPhone settings page and you will see the newly downloaded profile at the top of the page.
- Click Open and follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
On Apple TV:
The process of installing Kodi on Apple TV is a bit long. But with enough practice, the whole procedure becomes easier. In this guide, we are using Apple TV4.
Note that the Apple TV 4K does not have a USB-C port. As such, you will need to use Xcode on macOS with a wireless connection if you want to sideload Kodi on the Apple TV box. To get macOS on your Windows PC, we recommend installing a virtual machine. You can also check Hackintosh for more information. On the other hand, this method requires you to reinstall Kodi every 7 days if you are using a free Apple developer account. Before you begin, first confirm that you have the following requirements:
- Apple TV4 running on tvOS 9 or higher.
- Windows PC running Windows 7 or higher.
- USB-C cable to connect Apple TV4 to your PC.
- Download the Kodi .deb file for tvOS from: https://kodi.tv/download/tvos
- Install the latest version of iTunes.
- Cydia Impactor program that you can use to download Kodi on your Apple TV4.
Importantly, Cydia Impactor only accepts Kodi’s .ipa format. As such, you will need to convert the .deb to .ipa. Here is how to convert the .deb file to .ipa format:
- Download 7-zip software and install it on your Windows PC.
- Download official .deb file for tvOS from https://kodi.tv/download/tvos
- Save the .deb file in a separate folder and right click to extract the files.
- Open the extracted files folder and select “data.tar”, then right click to extract with 7-zip.
- Once you have the data folder, open and navigate to the app folder and find a folder called “Kodi.app”.
- Next, create a new folder and name it Payload (make sure the name has a capital letter “P”).
- Drag the “Kodi.app” folder and drop it into the Payload folder.
- Right-click on the Payload folder, select 7-zip, then select the “Add to archive” option.
- Once the new window appears, make sure the file format is in zip format before naming the file Kodi.app and click OK.
Final Words: How to Install Kodi on Any Device
Hope you understand this article How to Install Kodi on Any Device, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.