Image source: Pixabay
You just got home from work, you are extremely tired and you want to watch an episode of your favorite show on Netflix. After turning on your Samsung TV, you realize that you cannot launch Netflix due to a network problem.
Even though you’ve always done it, you wonder what’s wrong. For some reason, your TV cannot connect to your Wi-Fi network. What are you doing? Should I contact my Internet Service Provider?
Well, several reasons can lead to such problem. Most of the time, the solution to this problem is simply to power your router back on after an animal accidentally unplugs it. Here are some steps to take if one of your devices isn’t connecting to your Wi-Fi network:
Check for WiFi and router issues
Of course, when you cannot connect your device to your WiFi network, the first thing to do is to check if there are any problems with the WiFi network.
You should also check the following;
- security key: A sequence or passphrase of numbers and letters is used as a Wi-Fi security key. Your device is programmed to use a Wi-Fi key recognized by your router. Some routers support only one key while others support multiple security keys. So you need to make sure that your device is using the correct passkey. Also allow the device to remember and automatically connect to your network.
- Wi-Fi security mode: Most routers support different security protocols such as WEP and WPA. If you just got a new device that won’t connect to your WiFi network, make sure you have set the correct security mode on your router for the device to connect to your WiFi.
- network mode: Always make sure your router supports the different versions of Wi-Fi used by the devices in your home. For example, if your router is configured to run a network mode such as 802.11g, it will not support 802.11b or even 802.11n devices. You must therefore configure your router to operate in mixed network mode.
Finally, if you’re connecting with a portable device such as your phone or laptop, move it closer to your router. Sometimes your signal may be weak, preventing it from reaching certain areas of your home. If so, you need to move your router to a centralized location.
Check for device issues
Sometimes the failure to connect to your WiFi network can be caused by a problem with your device. Some of the most common issues with devices include network card issues, software issues, and network settings among others.
But how do you know if the problem may be due to a problem with your device? Well, if you have always connected the same device to your WiFi network without any problem, chances are that the problem is with your device. Here are some steps to follow;
- Repair your network adapter: One way to troubleshoot device problems is to check if there is a problem with your network card, especially on devices such as computers. If the adapter is not activated somehow, turn it on. Follow these instructions to troubleshoot your network card.
- Restart your device: As simple as it sounds, this is one of the best and most common ways to fix WiFi connection issues with most devices. This is actually the first thing to do.
- Check your network settings on the device: Even if you have already connected your Samsung TV, for example, to your Wi-Fi network, an update may have changed its network settings. If your Samsung TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi, explore all the options you can try, then restart the TV. You can do this for any other device.
- Update network drivers: This is primarily a solution for those who cannot connect to their WiFi networks using their computers. When your network drivers are outdated, you will have problems connecting to any network. Updating the drivers solves this problem for you.
- Hardware or software problems: Sometimes a hardware problem, although not very common, can be the cause of your problems. If your device has aged, some hardware components such as network adapters may stop working. You may need to replace them. If it is a software issue, such as an outdated Windows operating system, you may need to update your computer to the latest version of Windows 11 for an improved experience.
Looking at most of these fixes, you don’t need to hire someone to take care of them for you. These are things you can do yourself. If you are unsure about any of the above fixes, you can find many resources on the internet with a detailed step-by-step guide.